History of the building
Worth Corner has a huge amount of history behind the building, from being a home, a school and now a business centre. In the late 18th to early 19th century, it was built as a private residence then known as Oakfield or Oakfield Lodge. The building now known as Oakfield Lodge is the four-bedroom house between the Hillside Inn and Worth Corner. The house was home to a number of residents, 1901-1916 a total number of 19 residents were recorded as staying there, 10 of these were servants.
In 1938, it became ‘The convent of Notre Dame private girls school’ a Roman Catholic middle school. 30 years in 1968, on saw it change to a secondary school for girls and almost immediately becoming a middle mixed school in 1984 for 9-13-year-olds. The school then closed on August 31st, 1996, the Nuns left the convent which was then sold and let as offices. A large part of the school was then demolished and made way for new housing. The building is now owned by Beamland Ltd.
Worth Corner as we know it now is a three-floor business centre with offices available to be occupied. Alongside the offices that are available to rent there are virtual offices available as well as a meeting room which is available to hire for £12.50 per hour.
For any enquiries about our services don’t hesitate to contact us on 01293 883 061 or email us on email@example.com.Back To List